DECLARATION OF PRINCIPLES
Children of Raxxla Guiding Principles
Several key principles and beliefs drive the actions, words and behaviours of the Children of Raxxla.
First among them is the belief that several and perhaps many mysteries exist in the galaxy – mysteries that are far beyond the scope of what we’re currently led to believe by taking mainstream news at face value or by accepting the statements and actions of the major power leaders as unobfuscated truths. Discovering and revealing the nature of these mysteries is a core component of the CoR ethos. This spirit of discovery often takes us far from the safety of inhabited space but we do not fear this.
Second, the CoR do not trust fully the words or actions of any major power or major power leader based on these powers’ history of disingenuousness and in some cases blatant deception or warmongering. We understand that too often, the motives and incentives that drive the actions of major powers and their leaders are not well aligned with those of the majority of citizens of the galaxy nor in their best interest. We harbor no explicit ill will towards these powers and CoR understands that some of its members may, at times, work with and among these galactic powers. So long as these CMDRs maintain good standing with the CoR, with other CoR CMDRs and do not actively seek to undermine the efforts of the CoR we make no judgement against them.
Third, regarding our approach to secrecy the CoR seek to make discoveries regarding the nature of galactic, scientific, political and anthropological mysteries and phenomena for the benefit of all galactic citizens. In an ideal galaxy filled with reasonable and just people, information known to the CoR would be shared immediately and freely in all instances. However, reality requires that we employ care, strategy and sometimes cunning in how we communicate sensitive information outward from ourselves less we find that parties and powers with self-interested motives use potentially powerful information acquired first by the Children of Raxxla against those not powerful enough to defend themselves. To this end the CoR must walk the fine line between the shadow and the light – seeking to avoid harming others through the careless sharing of dangerous information while taking equal care to avoid harm falling upon us from those who say we lack sufficient transparency.
Fourth, we believe that true Children of Raxxla membership is based on merit: on contribution to our internal information pool, participation in group operations, and any contribution to the overall organisational culture.
Fifth, CoR are roleplayers. They roleplay semi-secretive commanders making their way through the gameworld. When something needs investigating or Salomé called for their help, they pull together, regroup, work collaboratively on the issue at hand, and where possible play it out via in-game events before slipping away back to their ‘normal’ lives again during the quiet times. They have periods of intense activity, intermixed with long periods of dormancy.
Being a member of CoR does not prevent you from being a member of any other player group. It is not a full time commitment. From a roleplay perspective, CoR membership requires the renunciation of all prior and future political allegiance. From a gameplay perspective members are free to be affiliated with Power Play factions in order to gain access to sought after PP specific ‘perks’. Our members are free to ply their trade throughout the gameworld as they see fit, so long as when they’re on CoR ‘duty’ they don’t allow their allegiances or activities to conflict with the CoR ethos or directives. As a roleplayer, playing the role of a semi-secretive commander, we trust you to respect that guideline. The exception being groups who are in direct conflict with CoR. In such cases we will expect you to sever all ties with any group who is hostile to CoR if you want to remain a member of CoR.
The Children of Raxxla are encouraged to roleplay their secretive persona – although this is not mandatory. Remember, you are part of a shadowy group of Elite pilots, sworn to secrecy regarding your true identity and what you’re up to in game. Openly stating that you are a member of the Children of Raxxla is discouraged, but Consul understand that this is not always possible and some players will always want to post with their CoR banners and signatures on show. This is fine as long as non-Consul members don’t pose as official spokespersons for CoR when communicating with the general public.
Lastly but of at least equal importance to the above, the CoR looked to the experience, leadership and insights of the late Salomé, formerly Senator Kahina Tijani Loren of the Prism system, for guidance and direction as we follow our guiding principles and seek to uncover the secrets of the Rift and beyond.
Recommended Reading :
The “Who is Salomé ?” thread will give you an insight to the character as she was portrayed in the book Reclamation.
More granular points related to principles:
- The Children of Raxxla is a voluntary organisation aiming to unveil the mysteries of the galaxy, to liberate all human beings from those who would bind them, and to promote peaceful coexistence with all alien species inhabiting this galaxy.
- The Children recognise as their heart and soul, Salomé, née Kahina Tijani Loren, who will never be gone from us.
- The Children recognise as their mind, the Custodian’s.
- The Children recognise as their voice, the Scribes.
- The Children recognise as their right hand, the Sword.
- The Children recognise as their left hand, the Shield and the Shadow.
- The Children are composed of pilots from every planet and political faction in human-occupied space.
- The Children have strong doubts about the legitimacy and intentions of most current major political organisations. They denounce as unfit, corrupt, duplicitous, and warmongering all existing governments.
- Recognising the pervasive hold governments currently maintain over the human species, and the ubiquitous dependence of human beings upon their governments, we do not advocate the sudden or the violent overthrow of political power, but rather the shepherding of humanity into a future of liberty and self-realisation.
- The Children deny the right over governments to monopolistic control of any resources, product, service, capacity, or information. The Children seek to emancipate each from monopolistic control.
- The Children recognise the inherent dignity and rights of all sentient life. This dignity and these rights may not be infringed by anyone.
- The Children recognise the legitimacy of violence only as a defence against violence. They will deploy violence only where it is required as a response to violence.
- The Children recognise that humanity must be unified in its commitment to truth, freedom, and cooperation, and therefore aims to foster these
- From a roleplay perspective, CoR membership requires the renunciation of all prior and future political allegiance.
- From a gameplay perspective members are free to be affiliated with Power Play factions in order to gain access to sought after PP specific ‘perks’.
(Non-human sentient races)
- The Children recognise the existence of non-human sentient species throughout the galaxy.
- The Children seek peaceful existence and co-operation with all sentient alien species.
- The Children recognise the same dignity and rights on behalf of all sentient life, and will act to resist anyone who would violate these.
Principles Derived from the Core Documents:
Principles Derived from #1:
- The galaxy is full of galactic, scientific, political, and anthropological mysteries.
- News media and governments hide these mysteries.
- CoR is centrally concerned with unveiling these mysteries for all galactic citizens.
- CoR distrusts every political power.
- Every major power has a history of deception and warmongering.
- The incentives of the major powers divert from the incentives of their citizens.
- We harbor no ill-will to the political powers.
- The galaxy is not ideal – not everyone is reasonable and just.
- Being an unjust galaxy, CoR must employ care, strategy, and cunning in the communication of sensitive information lest the powerful use this information to harm the weak.
- CoR looked to the experience, leadership, and insights of the late Salomé for guidance and direction.
Principles Derived from #2:
- CoR is to be a team capable of covert operations hidden from the factions and powers of the galaxy.
- CoR aims to discover hidden secrets.
- CoR’s membership will be limited, and comes with the requirement that its lore, stories, and history be known.
- CoR only accepts the measured, the wise, and the competent.
Principles Derived from #3:
- CoR is composed of wise, learned pilots, many with combat experience.
- The Federation, Empire, and Alliance have lied and obfuscated.
- CoR intends to solve the mysteries of the universe, to end secrecy and conspiracy.
- Humanity is not alone.
- Humanity must be unified and ready to act as one.
- Our governments are unfit to rule us, weak and corrupt. It is time for them to pass.
- CoR will transcend powers and governments.
- We seek peaceful co-operation with alien life.
- We are a beacon of civilisation in the darkness.
Principles Derived from #4:
- Raxxla is one of the mysteries we seek to unveil. It has eluded us for 500 years. It was first mentioned in Federation data banks on Earth in 2814.
- We will uncover the truths concealed by powers seen and unseen.
- We are to be the vanguard in the search for truth.
- We will keep pushing the veil of the galaxy aside.
- “I have loved the stars too dearly, to be fearful of the night.”