Thread: New Applicant

New Applicant

Your CMDR name: Sable Moon

Your Frontier Forum user name: Sable Moon

A short statement about your motivation: Sable Moon may have been a noble, but all he had inherited from his house was debt and a drop of noble blood . . . and a sidewinder. He determined to rebuild his house, though, and for a significant portion of his life devoted himself to fighting the wars of greater houses. But he was good at fighting, very good at it. Battle after battle, he fought, and learned he was a master at ground combat and stealth attacks. Hired for wet work, for pirate kills, and in disputes between lords and corporations over territories, he rose through the ranks, gaining fortune and rank. He acquired a fleet of ships, and rose to the rank of duke. And for a while, he believed in the Empire.

Then came a day he had seen enough. Sent to kill the ships of a convoy for reasons he was unclear of, he heard a child chattering on the ship to ship radio. Just talking. Just play. And he realized his wing had been sent to perform an assassination regardless of the hundreds of civilian lives that would cost. Somethign broke inside him. It was then . . . only then . . . that he realized what he had become--a bloody tool of a bloody empire. He defied his orders and commanded his wing to stand down. They would not. Duke Moon took down his own wingmen. It all happened fast, so fast no one had been able to report his betrayal. He returned to his home system removed his fleet, hiding it at a remote independent world. Having lost faith in a corrupt Empire, and no more willing to put it in an authoritarian Federation, he now leads a double life, sometimes circulating among the Empire to gather information, sometimes out in the void seeking its mysteries.

When ships started being torn out of witch-space, he went to see the Pleiades, saw the alien creature, haunted the spaceways the Thargoids were using. He drifted further out and explored the Synuefe quadrant, seeking the ruins of the Guardians. He wanted nothing more to do with people and stayed distant.

When one day he came across a stray missive on the Galnet mentioning lost bases in a region known as the Formidine Rift, he had a gut feeling there was something dark out there, something that would make all the striving of the Empire and Federation appear pointless.

Duke Moon ordered his cutter and clipper refitted for exploration and set out for the edge of the galaxy. He was certain something wicked this way comes. And he meant to find it.

At this time, Sable Moon has no other allegiance, though he has sympathies for the Alliance.

CoR Communication Officer Karnath's Avatar
    Now that's how you make an application.
    Great job, I really enjoyed reading that.
    You put your FD forum name as Sable Moon but I'm struggling to find that registered user name. Do you have a link ? It would help when Consul process your application

Harmless

FD user name

Quote Originally Posted by Karnath View Post
    Now that's how you make an application.
    Great job, I really enjoyed reading that.
    You put your FD forum name as Sable Moon but I'm struggling to find that registered user name. Do you have a link ? It would help when Consul process your application
    I'm not sure what's going wrong. If you are referring to this site: forums.frontier.co.uk, then my user name is: Sable Moon. I have just double checked to confirm that it was registered correctly.

Will this link help? forums.frontier.co.uk/member.php/150981-Sable-Moon

I haven't posted in the frontier forum, however. I've been using Inara.

Best!

Thanks for the link, it's probably because you haven't made a post that you don't show up in the registered members list

Harmless
    Just checking in. How long does the approval process usually take? I am fitting out to head off on another exploration expedition and debating whether to head back to the Rift or into the interior of the galaxy.

Sorry for the delay. Welcome to The Children Of Raxxla
    Please join us on Discord, the link is at the top of the forum

pop a post in #access-requests