Chrystopher "Chrystoph" Chance, Journal and Notes

Source: Rimward and trailing of the bubble
    CommID: Commander Chrystopher Chance
    Callsign: Chrystoph

Priority: Routine
    Recipients: CoR Exploration Division
    Timestamp: 3303/10/04

Back at the beginning of 3303, the First Great Expedition disbanded as an operational organization. Up until that time, I had maintained a log in their database. I had been an intermittent operative for CoR, making reports here and there, but this is my first entry as an otherwise non-aligned agent.

I haven't really been up to anything worth writing about in the last several months, just moving cargo and being a good citizen, fighting pirates. The closest I got to noteworthy is that I was in the upper 25% of participation for the Imperial events to create stations between the buble and Colonia. What started me on writing today is that I am outward bound on a scouting mission for the Galactic Mapping Project, looking for prospective Depot systems.

I never changed the registry, so the AspX is still FGES Sleipnir. We're somewhere up over 47 LY range, and I have been traveling for the last couple of days. The new software package allowing for longer route plots has given me a course, and I looked it over with filters in place to see if there was anything for which I might want to divert. My current ultimate destination is a Class S that I happened to find almost by accident while I was scanning my then projected path.

Sleipnir and I slipped back into our roles relatively quickly, but both of us are a bit nostalgic for the time when we still had Gabriel aboard. Admitting it only to myself, since it happened aboard FGES Hippogryph and I don't want to offend my AI, I miss Andrea, too. Life is what you make of it, though, and I have to say that I am glad to be on an objective back in the black.
    Last edited by Chrystoph; 10-04-2017 at 19:01.

Source: Traileia GF-A D34
    Timestamp: 3303/10/16

I lost a bit over a week while my AI and I recovered from a memory bank failure. I'm thinking we caught a gamma burst off of one of the fueling stars while we were running without shields. Unfortunately, said memory bank included the astrogation software including our route.

It took a couple of days to weed through the hardware because the IGER techs had never actually documented the modifications made when they put in the SAINT anywhere that I could get to them. I'm sure the maintenance records back on Kippax Ring are fully up to date. Once we got that sorted, another day of systems checks had us back to operational, but despite our combined best efforts, we couldn't get the Class S back.

I rerouted us to what I think is an undiscovered Black Hole, but I won't know until we get home. It is not listed in EDSM, but I know that not all explorers contribute to that resource. In any case, the reroute moved us laterally deeper into the arm and I discovered Traileia GF-A D34, a system I think the Galactic Mapping Project will ultimately declare as a Depot since it is well supplied with Jumponium resources.

It has been a quiet trip out, although Spatial Disorientation cost me about a quarter of my hull integrity today when I misjudged my landing vector. That started the old argument between me and Sleipnir that he should handle the landings, but I pointed out, again, that it is illegal for AIs to pilot in human space and I needed to keep in practice. He made a rather snippy retort about that working out well, and I threatened to over-ride lock him out of the systems. Eventually, we got the stress and frustration out of our respective emotional complexes, and did the brothers thing of an awkward silence and back to work. I didn't bring one of the new repair rigs, so we'll have to live with the damage.
    Last edited by Chrystoph; 10-27-2017 at 03:21.