Thread: New Applicant: EtherealCereal

Salomé's Shadow

New Applicant: EtherealCereal

CMDR Name: EtherealCereal

Forum Name: EtherealCereal

Ingame Ranks: Combat - Deadly (37%); Trade - Elite; Exploration - Elite

Ships: Anaconda, Imperial Cutter, Federal Corvette, Asp Explorer, Fer-De-Lance, Imperial Courier, Type-7, and Keelback.

Elite Lore: Having only fully read And Here the Wheel and part of Reclamation my lore knowledge pales in comparison to that of a lot of others, but I do know enough to understand why it is the superpowers aren't to be trusted. Admittedly it's been a while since I've gone through the books that I have, so I'll end up having to restart Reclamation just so I'm not totally lost when I venture back into it.

Affiliations: Co-founder of The Forge (alongside CMDR Dutch Foster) and present member of the Council of Founders, former member of the Paladin Consortium, mentor in the Galactic Academy, and CEO of the Segon Trading Company.

Little bit of background: Funnily enough, when I initially received my license from the Pilots' Federation I wanted to be a trader, plying my wares to the highest bidder. After awhile it became too easy to just jump back and forth from system to system making money, and being a lone wolf trader started to get a little too lonely so I fell in with the Paladin Consortium. Having been inspired by the compassionate and helpful nature of a commander by the name of Abram Schofield I wanted to join what was, at the time, an entity dedicated to helping those newcomers who were having a bit of a rough time figuring out where they fit into the grand scheme of things. From there I developed a social network, started to get used to the idea of trusting folks to have my back again (after having been burned by people on numerous occasions) and started to get to work doing for others what Abram so selflessly did for me. At the same time I got to know a lot of fine people, learning from their experiences and refining some of the skills in areas that I had lacked up to that point (mostly pertaining to combat).

It wasn't really until the Galnet article about the Tionisla Cobra broke that my interested started to become piqued by the mysterious goings-on that were transpiring in the universe. I cobbled together a half-decent fit for my Asp Explorer, which I named Song for America, and began my first real 'long-range' journey out into the void. It was there that I first encountered Dutch Foster, a fellow with whom I would develop a close and long-standing relationship. After getting out and seeing what being a denizen of the void had to offer (and having a rather eye-opening experience in a dangerous system known only as 'Explorer's End'), I became enamored with the idea of long-range travel. From there I volunteered to work with Dutch on the Formidine Rift Expedition, mapping out systems in EAFOTS in an effort to try to get closer to unraveling the Rift's mysteries.

Many other things have happened since that point, including the hunt across the Bubble that would culminate in the discovery of a crashed alien ship. This raised the question about first contact within the minds of the Consortium's explorers and researchers as well as with Dutch Foster, wherein we founded a collective of like-minded commanders from the Consortium, the Myrmidon Initiative and a few other entities that would become The Forge, guided by the principles of peaceful contact with any sentient alien being that we came across. The discovery of the Guardian ruins and the initiative to unravel the secrets of this strange civilization, coupled with the start of alien hyperdictions in and around the Pleiades Nebula cemented The Forge's resolve to maintain peaceful contact at any and all costs.

Motivations: There are a lot of things that I could say about why I'm submitting this application today, but in all honesty the biggest reason is because I've always held the Children of Raxxla in high regard. Not only for its dedication to the mysteries of the galaxy but also for its staunch opposition towards the injustices perpetrated by the superpowers in its efforts to achieve its own ends. Furthermore, without the Formidine Rift Expedition, Dutch and I would never have worked together and where we are today might not have happened. Whether some argue that's for better or for worse, that's up to them. But for me, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thank you for your application details CMDR, The Children Of Raxxla would like to welcome you into the Cadet Ranks.
    Shortly you will receive an invitation to our Discord server. Please Introduce yourself in the #Visitor-Lobby